Friday, May 13, 2005

Lying Here Beside You

A poem for my Noah:

Lying here beside you, listening to your breathing
Watching as you snuggle close, wondering what you’re dreaming
Treasuring every second in time, the clock has ticked away
Now I find I’m looking back and wishing we could stay
In this special moment, forever two as one
In this special bond, between a mother and her son

Wondering where the time has went and admiring how you’ve grown
Wondering if my memories will fill me up till I have known
A thousand lifetimes on this earth all filled with memories of you
A thousand moments caught in time all thoughts of me with you

Will I be able to recall sounds of your laughter and your tears
your joys and your sorrows, your dreams and your fears
Will I be able to see your face in my feeble senseless mind
I can only pray for this, but time will tell if it is kind

So meanwhile I savor every moment, every second I have with you
Every breath that we take together, every moment, just us two.

(Copyright 2005 Melinda A. Napoletano)

No comments: