Monday, March 14, 2005

SIGNS SIGNS everywhere there are signs...

Signs signs everywhere there're (?) signs...do this don't do that everywhere there are signs...........

At what point do visual cues even GET TO autistic spectrum kids? I think Noah is about to that point. Cried today before school as he did not want to go. They have TOO many signs..TOO many STOP signs..TOO many WAIT signs...TOO many schedules he said....his little CORNER of the room is SURROUNDED BY SIGNS....telling him what he CAN do and what HE CANNOT DO....
I just realized my last post reminded me of that song:

I would be sick of it. I think he is at his limit. After all he cannot tune out all the stimulus in his environment like we all can. Must be extremely overwhelming. Course his teacher could care less. He needs to learn.....to FIT IN with the others.

SICKENING.............

No comments: