Friday, March 11, 2005

Dear Noah

Lying here beside you, listening to your breathing
Watching as you snuggle close, wondering what you’re dreaming
Treasuring every second in time, the clock has ticked away
Now I find I’m looking back and wishing we could stay
In this special moment, forever two as one
In this special bond, between a mother and her son

Wondering where the time has went and admiring how you’ve grown
Wondering if my memories will fill me up till I have known
A thousand lifetimes on this earth all filled with memories of you
A thousand moments caught in time all thoughts of me with you

Will I be able to recall sounds of your laughter and your tears
your joys and your sorrows, your dreams and your fears
Will I be able to see your face in my feeble senseless mind
I can only pray for this, but time will tell if it is kind

So meanwhile I savor every moment, every second I have with you
Every breath that we take together, every moment, just us two.

Melinda A. Napoletano (c) copyright 2005

No comments: