Friday, August 31, 2007

Dear Noah...

Thursday August 30, 2007 was another successful school day for you!! You have remained very happy and so much more mature and grown up.

Today, Friday August 31, 2007 I dropped you off at school and I sat in the truck and watched you run to the swings and patiently stand in line like a little gentleman....hands behind your back......waiting on a swing to empty. One finally did. You hopped on it......and I watched you struggle to start yourself on the swing....something you are still not yet really great at, lacking some coordination to get pumping and swinging. BUT you have HUGE determination.....and you kept working your arms and legs until you were finally swinging! You prefer this one swing over all the others because it makes a honking/squeaking sound when you are swinging on it.

Then I waited.....the first bell rang. You jumped off the swing and ran with the rest of the kids to get in line to go in.

Today when I dropped you off I gave you a quick hug and kiss and told you I loved you. My kiss was on your neck. You told me that this afternoon when I pick you up from school that I could give you a kiss on the lips! RARE for you!

sigh.....you took cold pizza for lunch today...telling me you were not sure you would like cold pizza. I told you most everyone likes cold pizza and to give it a try!

ALSO....you are training your body to have bowel movements here at home only which is going very very well! You are also being successful at wiping yourself. You woke up at 4:00 a.m. having to go again however....and then got up a little earlier than usual so I was a little leery you might be easier to set off or have a minor temper tantrum today. You told me "mommy....I want to tell you I don't have temper tantrums anymore....that was something I did when I was a baby!"

okay........wow. You are growing up. Maturing.....changing in such positive ways.

And I love you more with each passing day. I am very proud of you Noah....and it will be wonderful to see the amazing young man you will become.

mushy mommy
XOXOXOX

5 comments:

Drama Mama said...

He is incredible. Bravo on all of the hard work you two have done together...

Melinda said...

thanks.....he is doing so very well......

now if I can just measure up! haha

Anonymous said...

Sounds really, really good. So happy all has been going so smoothly for him and you. I told Mom last night I wondered how his day went and Mom said it went OK, she had talked to you. Perhaps in a few more weeks, he'll be willing to try out something different for his lunch. Love you both

KC's Blog said...

Hooray Noah! Keep up the great work!
I am so happy for you guys!

KC's Blog said...

Hooray Noah! Keep up the great work!
I am so happy for you guys!