Friday, March 23, 2007

Dear Noah: Friday, March what.....?

I am just amazed at how quickly time is passing. It seems like only yesterday that I was taking the Christmas tree down and putting it away and here it is almost Easter. I look at you and remember you being so small...but now see you growing up and even developing (at times) a semi-snotty attitude! I am hopeful that is not a sign of things to come as you get into your "teen" years!

You came to me today and said you had a nightmare last night. I asked you if you knew what a nightmare was because in the past you did not and I wanted to see if you had learned and remembered what it was. You said "it's a bad dream." So great....you DO know what it is.

You then proceeded to tell me how you and I and your grandparents and great grandma all SKIDOOED into one of your favorite TV shows "The Avatar"....(skidoo in this case is from Blues Clues where you can "jump" into a picture or place magically).



I guess once in the Airbender's house (who is the Avatar) he seemed to disappear and a tornado struck! It was 200 MPH! Apparently you and I went to the bathroom to take cover but you said everyone else remained at the dining room table.




I find dreams fascinating and do dream interpretations a lot. I know there is some significance in even this dream/nightmare you had......

I found the portion of your dream about the tornado significant as it can mean:

You are experiencing some extreme emotional outbursts and temper tantrums. To dream that you are in a tornado, signifies that you are feeling overwhelmed and out of control. You could be met by a series of disappointments for the next week or so. Your plans will be filled with complications.

If I were able to step inside your mind for a few minutes I imagine it would be very much like a tornado as I know your mind rarely quiets and rarely rests...it is always busy with thoughts and motion! YOUR emotions are HUGE and always over-the-top, though you are making progress in learning to control them better. You feel overwhelmed a lot and out of control...and always in your mind at the very least, feel disappointed about many things each day.

So just THAT portion of your dream alone is significant. It gives us a window into your busy mind and concerns.

UPDATE on the "WHAT THE!".......I think even I am starting to get a little sick of hearing it...but I try to tune it out. Last night I did finally tell you ENOUGH! I think that lasted for a bit.....before I heard you once again in your room every so many minutes spouting out "WHAT THE!"

sigh........your tired mommy loves you Noah.....to INFINITY and beyond....forever I will!

mommy :X

6 comments:

Nikon said...

Great pics, I think this is my first time to this blog.
I hope that spring comes around here soon - we've got snow flurries right now :)

Anonymous said...

I think you can use that picture when you need it, Melinda. I was just reading Melissa's blog. She has a lot of things to deal with and so do you. I hope her headaches can stop and I hope Noah gets through these stages and grows into the young man who knows everything -- I think he will make it and surprise everyone. LOL. Also I see, nikon made it here. He may not know the connection but did see you on my blogs I am guessing.

Kindness said...

wouldn't it be wonderful to step into such a brilliant mind?

Melinda said...

Thanks Nikon...but you have been here before!

Thanks dad.

yes....it would be amazing....not sure we could all handle it! I think it would likely be an incredible overload!

Nikon said...

Oh, I thought it was just the poetry one, Sipping?
Hi Abe, I think after I first started to vist your DP blog, I saw Melinda's link in your comments & went to see it.

Melinda said...

no I think you started here.....and then went to Sipping..

makes no difference....happy to see you pop in from time to time wherever you choose to visit!