Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Dear Noah:






Today was the first day back to homeschooling for you. You were like a sponge....and so enjoyed it all. I LOVE to teach you.....I absolutely love it. I enjoy all the school stuff and projects and learning things right alongside you!

As part of your schoolwork this year I am teaching you basic life skills. At least starting them. I think it is important you learn the basics......how to cook and clean and do laundry and keep a bank account and pay bills. Today we started the cooking portion. You made me breakfast! You chose Pillsbury Double chocolate fudge chip muffins. You got out all the ingredients and put them in the bowl. I had to break the eggs for you. BUT I told you as long as you could read you could cook! You did very very well. Even putting on oven mitts and popping the muffins into the oven and taking them out when done. Here are some pictures of the finished products!

We also are working on lots of mixed media projects this year. I want to make our own newspaper or magazine....definitely a monthly newsletter. Today we decided to start making up TRAIN books since you love them so much and are collecting so much about them. You printed off pictures of train locomotives and colored them in and we punched holes through them and put them together with a binder you designed and decorated. You were very proud of it as you should be!

You then wanted to make your own lunch which you did. Garlic toast and spaghetti sauce. Seldom do you ever eat spaghetti with the sauce these days...just a ton of sauce to drip the bread into! Again you did very well. You wanted to extend school by over an hour to do that as another cooking project! I think I forgot to take pictures of that. We are going to put all the pictures of you with a story into a book. You also painted some paintings of train crossings which we will have to post later. They were amazing water colors and very accurate yet simple!

Anyway.......lots to do. I love you...and the muffins were excellent!

mommy :X

3 comments:

KC's Blog said...

Way to go Noah!! Cooking for your Mom and everything!
Life skills, what an excellent idea! You are an excellent teacher, you make learning very fun for Noah and he just soaks it up like a sponge just like you said!

Patty said...

Good morning Noah,
The muffins look delicious. Next time I come to your house, you will have to make a batch of the muffins.

Your Uncle Chris learned to cook and I believe he does most of the cooking at their house.

Have a great day,
Love you, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Noah, Daddy is SOOOOOO proud of his little man! You have such great enthusiasm and want to learn. We love the way you desire to learn and how proud you are of the outcomes. LOVE you bunches, Daddy