Friday, January 05, 2007

Dear Noah:


Last night on the way home from grandma C.'s house you wanted to listen to an "adult" praise and worship CD. I popped it on the car stereo and you were so thrilled because it reminded you of all these songs you used to sing in Colorado. You wanted to bring it inside and listen to it on the tv's stereo.....you were so happy. You said to me in your bedroom before bed after listening to the music: "I feel like my old self again.....like me when I was in Colorado!"

I have heard of the importance of music for all of us......not just children. Listening to different types of music can take you back to a mindset of a previous time in your life that was very happy or the opposite, very sad. When you are trying to fight depression or anxiety it is important to listen to music that makes you feel good and reminds you of how you CAN feel at your best. Soon you will actually be feeling the way the music reminded you of how you once felt.

A bit confusing but it works!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

indeed! the same theory works for many things you do in life.....it will always ENHANCE it!