Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Dear Noah:

HOW am I supposed to have enough time to devote to working full time here from home (which I am thankful I don't have to leave home to work).....get enough sleep to not be a grump butt.....teach school to you in the afternoons or whenever I am free.......do your therapies.......and do all the other things normal people do in a normal home that needs done?

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.....wondering how it will happen. Right now I have more time cause I am only working part-time. THAT has to change in the next month.......to FULL TIME. I cannot imagine what I will be doing then.

Something will likely have to suffer. In the past it was my sleep. I tried getting by on 3-4 hours per night. I have discovered I just cannot any longer physically do that. I now aim for 5 to 6 hours per night if I am lucky. I do better on at least 5 hours....though there are days when sleeping in sure would feel good!

I guess it will all work out. Just not sure how right at the moment.

I love you Noah.......:X

4 comments:

K.C.'sMommy said...

Hi there:)

It is so very hard homeschooling and trying to get enough sleep at night and then just trying to keep up with the kiddos is exhausting!! I was homeschooling Big Brother but this year have decided to let him go to school:) I was so worried at first but he's slowly coming along and really loves recess time, he he! (He's gotten into trouble twice but learning not to say certain things to people including his teacher) I so look forward to when they both leave for school in the daytime cause then I can have some time for me. Have you tried public schools? Noah will probably love it:) You need time for you too, I know how exhausting it can be. Hang in there, you are a wonderful Mommy to Noah and he's such a smart beautiful boy!

Bramblebrae said...

Hi I love the style of your blog. Even though we are on opposite sides of the globe practically, from what I've read so far we have much in common. I look forward to coming back and will list your blog in my reading blogs list..please do not feel obliged to do the same my blog is very new and pretty crap at the moment to be honest..so I really don't mind.
thanks for sharing your letters to Noah with us.

Take care
Lorraine

Melinda said...

yeah Noah did 2 years of preschool which were nightmares. He did complete them though. When Kindergarten came around he went...was already where he needed to be academically by the end of the year at the first of the year and he had very difficult time tolerating the public classroom environment. We had another nightmare where he started biting his teachers, para and behavioral consultant,...we had to sign a "permission to restrain" order for him and he kept trying to run off the school grounds. They could not teach him too much it seemed cause they had a very difficult time handling him or getting him to cooperate well. SO we tried a second kindergarten..the same thing happened. SO we decided to homeschool full time and he has thrived. SO for now that is the best fit. :)

Melinda said...

thanks for stopping by Lorraine...I will check your blog out! :)