Thursday, February 22, 2007

plumber has been here...

2 men came....they believe they fixed it. Ran that snake/tool thing down the main water-line clean out. Pulled out some rags or flushable wipes...something.....very very black nasty stinky.

I ran the washer.....no backing up in the tub....same for toilet...all seems well.

Later on I will have to go out and clean the snowy mess up out front. It looks like someone dug a hole and peed or pooped all over the place. SO much for a nice pristine white snowy yard. I have to cover that up with some snow and pick up those rags or whatever it is with GLOVED hands and toss it!

so.....hopefully this fixed the problem. Took all of 15 minutes. I was thinking my conference call started at 1:30.....it ENDED then......I hope I am not in trouble...I did catch the end of the call........and it went over.....so I think I got what I was supposed to.

I do pride myself on one thing. Under 3 feet of snow they wondered where the main access clean out was. I told him....the man walked out into the snow.....I told him when to stop. His partner got the shovel....walked out....they dug. I told him "you're standing on it"....he dug UNDER where his feet had been....

voila....there it was. I was PERFECT/RIGHT ON with my estimation....I guess mowing around it this past summer enough times branded it's location into my memory!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a relief. I am happy for you that the job is done and the thing works again. What a relief. Chris will have to tell you sometime the stuff they got out of his drains.

nq said...

horrah for working pipes!

Anonymous said...

What a relief! I know that Noah will be able to rest a bit easier now, knowing that the plumbing is working better. We know how he can get quite obsessed with certain problems.

Anonymous said...

knowing EXACTLY where it was .... your memory ROCKS girl!!

glad they figured out the issue ...