Monday, September 25, 2006

Dear Noah: supper




So......you decided you wanted Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for your supper. You will ONLY eat KRAFT Macaroni and Cheese. I did have some so I made you some. However...the consistency of the pasta has to be just so-so perfect each time or you will not eat it. It cannot be too over-cooked...it cannot be under-cooked....it cannot be made with different margarine........it cannot be too hot....

You do NOT chew it so I do not understand what difference it makes if the noodles are a bit shredded and split apart after stirring them around...but to you IT DOES!

Tonight for some reason the pasta noodles split apart some when I stirred in the cheese......

you were horrified. You somehow convinced yourself that you would GAG on these if you ate them......and they would make you puke. Well...perhaps you did not really convince yourself of this. I am sure it has a lot to do with your sensory integration disorder. I KNOW full well different textures bother you. I was upset though. I get tired of trying to be perfect with cooking the same old stuff for you that is not the best choices of things for you to eat to begin with.. only for you to not eat it...and want something else. It is exhausting.

SO I made you sit and eat it.....to continue to try to. Something I do not normally do. I did inform you that if you did not eat your supper to not ask for a snack or dessert cause you would NOT get any. You were crying...gagging at each small mouthful. I even tried feeding the stuff to you....only picking out the big whole noodles. You only had maybe 5-6 bites. You were done. I said to go wash up......and I began packing up the entire box of mac and cheese you did not eat.

MOST times you would eat the ENTIRE BOX at ONE sitting. NOW I KNOW what will happen. YOU WILL REFUSE to eat mac and cheese now for a long time. It will be one of the many foods you inform me that you "no longer eat" or "I will eat that when I am 30".

stressed.........exhausted...and my left kidney hurts......but I love you :X

1 comment:

libby said...

Just know that I am right there with you - My 5 1/2 year old son Harry does EXACTLY THE SAME THING. I love reading your blog because it is so similar to my daily experiences that it helps me to not feel so alone in the INSANITY at times!
http://www.round-hole.blogspot.com