Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dear Noah...you seem much happier since I withdrew you from public school...

and you are slowly and surely reverting back to a very lovable little boy....who actually wants to spend time with me now and enjoys doing things with me more and more. This is not to say you still do not require a lot of alone time. I get that....but removing the "pressures" from public school has done a lot for you already and I am so thankful I did it. You smile so much more....you respond so much more quickly. When you do have a "moment" I am there now to CORRECT you and GUIDE you through it right then not hours later.


We did run a couple of errands yesterday to get you your supply of Domino's Pizza and we stopped at a bulk food store to get some Christmas Cookie sprinkles for all those hundreds of gingerbread cookies we will be making!

In fact.....you could not wait to get back home to make a batch of Christmas gingerbread cookies. I have to admit they are fun to make and soooo yummy!

P1130598

P1130603

P1130607

You have come up and given me more hugs this past week or so I think than ever!  You come to check on me in my office when I am still working just to say hi and give me a hug....things you never did before.  You just interact more with me which is how you were in Colorado when I home-schooled you.....and you thrived.   So I am thankful...thankful for so very much.

Oh...and I love you.....so very much......did I say I love you?  Cause I do  you know.....I love you Noah Wesley.....to the moon and back again.....forever and ever and ever I will.

Mommy

XOXOX

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm happy to hear that he's doing so well. Those cookies look really yummy! Love you guys!

Betsy Brock said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you two! Amazing what can happen when you remove the stress and pressure. I'll take a couple of cookies with my morning coffee here! :)

kristi said...

I am so glad!! Those cookies...wow, they look good!

Christy said...

Those cookies look so good. I thought about you guys when I saw the gingerbread cookie dough, last night at the store.

I am so glad to read that things are going so much better. I could definitely tell how frustrated you were getting and that wasn't good for you or Noah. I pray that things will just continue to get better for you and Noah.

Lora said...

Now, those are some yummy looking cookies! I completely understand where you are coming from as you describe Noah as doing so much better and more attentive/affectionate because that is exactly what I noticed in Griffin once I had pulled him out of school.

I am so happy for you guys! We are loving every moment of our special time together too, truly a blessing in disguise.

Anonymous said...

yay!!!!

Patty said...

Dear Noah, how wonderful you are doing so well working at home with Mommy and the Virtual Learning Center.

The cookies look yummy. Aunt Melissa just got home from her surgery. Grandpa had a doctor's appointment this morning. Audrey was dismissed early today. So it's been a busy day.

Love you to the moon and back. Grandma

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having a ball helping with the cookies.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that Noah is relaxed and happy. And you too!